First things first, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It feels like we haven’t had a post up in forever! Truth be told the end of 2016 was manic for us, we had so many deadlines it was a joke. We’re really hoping that 2017 is a good year for our blog and that we have plenty of inspiration for interesting and unique content. Last year we decided to set ourselves some goals for 2016 so we thought that now would be a great time to review them!
Last year we set goals for ourselves and our blog, as we wanted to make sure that 2016 was an enjoyable and productive year. Here are the goals we set for our blog and whether or not we think we achieved these goals!
1. Take part in more blog collaborations- So technically we did achieve this goal. Although we only collaborated with two other bloggers (Amanda Jayne & Sophie Eggleton), that’s one more than we did the year before! We love collaborating with other bloggers and hope this is something we can do this year, so if you’re down for collaborating please get in touch!
2. Write more fashion posts-YES! We achieved this one too! Last year we managed to get up 8 fashion posts, which doesn’t sound like a lot but considering we don’t have much time we’re happy with that! This year we’re going to aim for 10 fashion posts and we’re hoping to add more to our Disney Inspired Outfits series!
3. Post more unique recipes- 2016 saw us put up a lot more recipes on the blog! We also got to work with Cake Angels on a few posts which was really exciting!
4. Make more time for blogging- At the beginning of the year we made a lot more time for blogging. However, we couldn’t keep it up as the amount of uni work we had to do just took over. It’s not a bad thing though, we may have posted less but at least our grades were good!
5. Reach 5k Twitter followers- Unfortunately we didn’t achieve this and we’re still a few 100 away so if you want to help us girls out, follow us here – or search for @tftbblog!
6. Get organised & plan ahead for blog posts- As we’ve already said, uni took over towards the end of the year so finding time to plan ahead was impossible. We think that this year we’ll just take a different approach to blogging and just blog as much as we can whenever we find the time!
7. Make friends with and meet more bloggers– We didn’t really have the chance to meet with any other bloggers last year. That being said, we got to see our blogger pal Hannah a lot more which was great!
8. Stick to a blogging schedule- Yeah you guessed it, we didn’t achieve this one either! In reality, sticking to anything can be hard. We had a schedule for a little while but then it went out the window, whoops!
We also set ourselves some personal goals but we have to be honest, we didn’t really achieve them. 2016 started off as a bit of a weird year with a few changes. Nevertheless, 2016 turned out to be an amazing year in the end! We went away on our first holiday with the boyfriends Darren and Joe, we booked our holiday for this year to Florida and we went to lots new new places we’ve never been before. We even started a YouTube channel!
Now we can’t wait to get on with the new year, but we thought it would be nice to end this post by listing our favourite blog posts we wrote last year in case you missed them!:
So overall, we did achieve quite a few of our blogging goals from last year and we’re happy with everything we did in 2016! It is important to remember that even if you don’t achieve your goals you should be proud of what you have done. As long as you are happy and healthy, that’s all that matters. So with that in mind, here’s to 2017! We’re hoping it’s full of happiness and that we can achieve everything we want to!