If you read our blog regularly and follow us on social media, you might know that in August we are flying to Florida for our first ever holiday out of England! We’ve already filmed a video regarding some of our essentials and posted about our DIY autograph books, but we thought it was about time we get some more America themed posts up. Throughout the two weeks we are away we’re going to be visiting the Disney parks and Universal. As you can imagine there are a lot of things we’re excited about, especially since it will be our first time going to America as well as Disney! We’ve rounded up a list of things we’re looking forward to about Florida and we must say it was a struggle to note down just 15 things. We hope some of you will be able to relate to these!
- The food: We both love food, so seeing all the different foods available not just in the Disney parks but all around Florida is getting us so hyped! Mickey Bar ice creams? We’ll take 10!
- The sun: Obviously we’re aware it’s going to be super warm out there but English summer weather isn’t the best, so we’re looking forward to a bit of sun. Thank God for air con though!
- Meeting the characters: We’ll have our autograph books at the ready every day that we go! We know a lot of people might say we’re too old for all that but we’ve never been before so it’s a big deal to us. Some characters we MUST meet are Rapunzel, Belle and Stitch!
- Seeing Cinderella’s castle in person: We both think we’re probably either going to cry or stand frozen in awe as soon as we see 189-foot tall castle in real life!
- Harry Potter World: We’ve been to the Harry Potter studio tour in London a number of times now but we cant wait to see what The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is like in Universal!
- The atmosphere: Obviously we’ve never been to Florida before so we don’t know what the atmosphere is like but we just feel it will be magical inside the Disney parks as well as Universal. Let’s hope it lives up to what we think it will be like!
- The firework shows: Fireworks remind us of our childhood and we feel like they’ll just add to the magical atmosphere.
- The Disney parades: Seeing a tonne of your favourite characters on amazingly decorated floats, is there anything better?
- The malls: We LOVE shopping so for us we’ll take any opportunity to shop! We’ve had a look at some of the malls we’re going to and can’t wait to shop in some stores we don’t have in the UK.
- Trading and buying pins in Disney World: We’ve always loved Disney pins as they are a brilliant keepsake. Our Aunt & Uncle brought us back a lanyard full of pins each when we were younger so we can’t wait to go and pick up some cute pins to add to those.
- Character breakfast: Up until a few weeks ago we weren’t planning on doing a character breakfast but after looking into it we decided to dine with Winnie the Pooh and friends. The food looks amazing so we’re excited for that and we’ve been told character breakfasts are a great experience!
- The rides: We’re not really thrill-seekers but from looking at YouTube videos there are a tonne of rides we’re excited to go on including; Expedition Everest, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Splash Mountain.
- The photo ops: Photos with characters, photos with our family, photos of the castle. The amount of photo opportunities at Disney World is unreal and we love a good picture. We won’t have any worries finding stuff to post on Instagram for a while!
- Buying a magic band: From watching other people’s vlogs, using a magic band to go in the parks and for fast pass queues looks incredibly satisfying and is a great keepsake!
- Dinner at T-Rex: As everyone probably already knows, Lauren is a huge dinosaur fan so we’re really excited that we managed to get a reservation for this restaurant. The food looks amazing and who wouldn’t want to dine with dinosaurs?!
If you’ve been to Disney World or Universal and think there’s something we’ve missed we’d love to hear from you! Please let us know your favourite food places in the parks or other things to do, we’d love to hear about it!