For us, a big part of Christmas is making festive bakes. We could spend all day making Christmas themed cupcakes and nothing says Christmas like candy canes, so what could be better than candy cane topped cupcakes?!
We used the simple chocolate cupcake recipe that we used for our Halloween cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes are our favourites and they’re so easy to make. They taste amazing topped Marshmallow Fluff butter cream! We only tried Marshmallow Fluff for the first time the other day and we knew it would taste perfect on some cakes!
Marshmallow Fluff butter icing-
- 150g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- Beat together the butter, icing sugar and milk.
- Gradually add the Marshmallow Fluff and mix in. You can add as much or as little as you want until you get the perfect taste!
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
- Put some candy canes into a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane pieces over the cakes and finish them with a candy cane on top!
We love how simple but cute these cupcakes look. For anyone who isn’t that skilled at baking like us, these are so easy to decorate but look so Christmassy! We know this recipe is quite a simple one but we’re hoping to challenge ourselves next year and bring some exciting and unique recipes to our blog!
What are some of your favourite things to make at Christmas time?