Everyone loves an easy recipe that requires only a few ingredients and doesn’t take forever to bake right?! Well look no further, we’ve got the recipe for you! Ever heard of a ‘Mug Cake’? They are fab creations where all of the ingredients are basically thrown together in a mug, and shoved in the microwave to cook in just a few minutes! We’ve attempted these in the past but so far this is the best one we’ve ever tried so if you’d like to give it a go we have the recipe for you here!
2 Tablespoons Soft Butter
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Medium Egg
2 Tablespoons Cola
3 Tablespoons Golden Caster Sugar
4 Tablespoons Self-Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
2 Teaspoons soft butter
1/2 Teaspoons Cocoa Powder
2 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cola
RECIPE (Mug Cake):
1. Place the butter into a mug and put in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds or until the butter is all melted!
2. Add the Cocoa & mix together then add the egg, cola and sugar and beat it all together. Lastly add the flour and salt then beat together until the mixture is smooth!
3. Now pop the mug in the microwave! Depending on the watts of your microwave will depend on the cooking time!
600 W = 2 mins 20 secs / 800 W = 2 mins / 1,000 W = 1 min 40 secs
1. Stir together the butter, cocoa powder, icing sugar and cola.
2. Cook in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds until the ingredients have melted and stir until smooth.
3. Finish the cake with some ice cream and drizzle it with the sauce!
If you want a yummy treat in just a few minutes, you definitely need to try this out! The cola adds such a nice touch to the cake, althought instead of ‘cola’ we actually used Pepsi Max, as it’s all we drink! This did mean the cola taste wasn’t as strong as we expected, so we’d suggest to add a bit more or just use regular coke! We’re hoping to bring more amazing mug recipes to you guys, if you make this one let us know how you got on by leaving a comment or tweeting us!
– L & R