So we were recently nominated by Charlotte for the Liebster Award, first of all we’d like to say thank-you for being supportive of our blog! At first we weren’t sure what the Liebster Award was, being new to the blogging world and all that but we now are able to give a brief description. The Liebster Award is a way of giving new blogs recognition, if you’re nominated you answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you!
So here are our 11 questions:
1) If you could spend 24 hours with one celebrity who would it be and why?
Lauren: Jared Leto, I’d be here all day if I explained every single reason why but I’ll name a few! For starters he is the lead singer of my favourite band 30 Seconds To Mars and seems like such an intelligent and peaceful man I can imagine he’d make amazing conversation and teach me a thing or two!
Rachel: Mine would be WWE wrestler, John Cena. Believe it or not I’ve been a huge fan of wrestling for ages and he’s always been one of my favourites! He seems like such a friendly person and he always puts his fans first!
2) What’s your most important blogging tip that you would give to people thinking about starting a blog and also your top tip for those who have been blogging a couple of months?
Lauren: For those who are thinking of starting a blog, JUST DO IT! We left it about a year before we finally set our blog up and I kind of regret that because there is so much stuff we could have blogged! Don’t be scared that it won’t take off or that people are going to judge you, if you think you’ll enjoy it just go for it!
Rachel: You want to start a blog? Do it. There’s no point worrying what people are going to think because that won’t get you anywhere! And if you’ve been blogging for a few months like us then don’t give up if you think it’s not getting anywhere. You’re doing it because you enjoy it so try not to worry about the number of visitors you get just yet!
3) Imagine you are musically gifted, who would you most like to go on tour with and why?
Lauren: So I feel bad not saying 30STM but, I’m also a huge fan of Paramore and Hayley Williams in particular! I think it would be ace to get to hang with someone I look up to on tour and do cool stuff with! She’s seems like someone I’d love to be friends with and I love their music so yeah let’s go with Paramore!
Rachel: Young Guns! I’ve seen their tour diaries and they seem so fun to tour with. We met Simon at the gig the other day and he was lovely too so I think they’d all be nice to be around! They’re my favourite band so how cool would that be! Maybe I need to start playing music…
4) Name the first five things that come into your head when I say the colour yellow
Lauren: Banana, spongebob, rubber duck, minion, pepper
Rachel: Sun, Spongebob, bumblebee, chick, chips
5) What are your favourite lyrics or film quote of all time?
Lauren: I have just sat here for ages trying to think of lyrics that I like and can honestly say I don’t have a set of favourite lyrics. There are tonnes that stick in my head but I’ve narrowed it down to ‘I question every human, who won’t look in my eyes, scars left on my heart formed buttons in my mind’ from Paramore’s Part II.
Rachel: I don’t really have a favourite, I’ve never really thought about this, but if I had to think of some lyrics I’d go for the following lyrics from Crystal Clear by Young Guns: ‘A scar is just a mark, not a burden but a start of something new’.
6) Describe what gave you the final push to actually sit down, create your blog and hit the publish button on your first post.
We both just enjoyed reading posts from more popular bloggers and thought, let’s just go for it!
7) What do you hope to have achieved with your blog a year from today?
We would both love to see our blog get more viewers and interact with more people through our blog. We aren’t looking to be the next big thing but it would be nice for people to enjoy reading our posts and want to see them weekly!
8) Do you believe in Karma?
Lauren: I’m not a strong believer, however I do feel that in some cases if you do something bad it will come back one day and bite you on the butt!
Rachel: It’s one of those things that I just don’t know about! Things in life have made me believe in fate so I guess karma would be cool. If you do something bad to somebody or something then it should come back to you!
9) What makes you smile?
Lauren: There are quite a few things actually but I’ll narrow it down to 3! Food, going to my favourite bands gigs and being with people who I can be myself around!
Rachel: Going to see my favourite bands, being with my family and boyfriend (and dog), baby animals and eating good food!
10) If you could change your name, a) would you want to b) what would you rename yourself?
Lauren: I think my name suits me so I wouldn’t change it!
Rachel: I probably wouldn’t change my name since I’m so used to it now so it doesn’t really bother me! I’d also struggle thinking of a new name!
11) Finally, if you could be any age again or in the future which age would you choose and why?
Lauren: 28 because you’re not too old or too young and you’re independent!
Rachel: Like Lauren I’d say around that age because (hopefully) it’s an age where I’ll have a house and all that stuff!
Thank you Charlotte for nominating us and supporting our blog! Now since we’re kind of new to this we don’t really have a lot of people who we talk to. But we nominate a few people who regularly like our Instagram posts which includes: Daisy, Magpie Beauty, Soph and Beth
Here are our questions for you:
1) Who/what inspired you to start blogging?
2) What is your dream pet?
3) If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
4) Have you ever met anybody famous?
5) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
6) Do you have any superstitions?
7) How long have you been blogging for?
8) What is your favourite TV show and why?
9) What is your dream job?
10) Do you believe in fate?
11) Have you been to any concerts and if so what ones? If not who would you love to see?
Remember to tag us in your posts on instagram (@theflowerthatblooms) so we can see your answers!